• Feed RSS

The 10 Best Web Apps for Freelancers

The 10 Best Web Apps for Freelancers: "

Web based applications are overflowing the internet these days, but to short down the humongous list of several thousands – I thought it would be best to showcase 10 of the Best Web Based applications a freelancer needs. These are all great apps, some might work for you, some might not. It all depends on who you ask; I have found these to be the best for what I need. I suggest you try these out before making up your mind on which ones are great and which ones are bad. It´s all in the “Eye of the Beholder” after all.

1Password

If there´s a better and easier way to generate a custom password and save it specifically for different identities, accounts and users I haven´t found it. Works perfect each time, works for all major browsers but the best part: fast and quick updates and 100% secure. Dashboard software to manage all your saved passwords in one go–to me, it can´t get much better than this.

Mint.com

As a freelancer it can be quite hard to keep track on all expenses all the time. I, for one, have had a few problems with it. A few of my friends recommended Mint to me, and it has saved me an enormous amount of time through the months I´ve used it.

Scraplr

I haven´t been using Scraplr for a very long time, but to manage your tasks online, I haven´t found a better way to do it. You´ve got alerts for everything, from e-mail alerts to reciveing a text message to your cellphone. It even uses a beautiful interface, can´t get much better than this.

Timebridge

Even if you´re not a CEO, you might find Timebridge really useful. There´s no better way to set up a simple meeting with a client. I´ve used it multiple times and it has always delivered.

Freshbooks

I´m not sure if this fantastic application needs any introduction, but in case it does – FreshBooks can manage your clients, time, invoices in a simple and easy way. I´m using Freshbooks when sending invoices to my clients, and thus far, it hasn’t failed me.

Basecamp

One of the best collaboration applications out there, I used Basecamp when I collaborated with a friend of mine a while back. You´re able to upload files, add a comment, and manage all users for your specific account.

Dropbox

Need any storage online? Perfect way to share files with clients, friends, and even family. Supports all major browsers and OS. I´m using Dropbox due to it´s simplicity and stability. Why do you use it?

Highrise

Need to track leads? Manage contacts? Highrise is for you. I haven´t been using it very long, but the time I´ve had with it, it has worked perfect.

CoTweet

CoTweet is for anyone using Twitter to market their business. Using multiple accounts makes it very easy to use and manage. If you are anything like me, who manages more than one Twitter account – CoTweet comes strongly recommended!

Screenr

Help out your clients by showing them a short instruction video of an installation process, technical step, or anything that can be done on a screen. I´m using Screenr for short video snippets for my clients. Show them how to do a certain action, process, or how to solve “that problem” quick and easy.

You have any experience with any of these apps? Maybe you have a couple or more to share? Either way, share your opinions and recommendations.

"